Join us on the Medellin Graffiti Tour as we take a journey through Comuna 13. Once known as Colombia’s most dangerous barrio we’ll explore how street art has given the area a bright & colorful new future.
Our local guides from urban collective Casa Kolacho have an amazing story of transformation to tell. After visiting their neighborhood they hope you’ll be inspired to create a better world, one full of art and music.
The Best Comuna 13 Graffiti Tour
- The Original Graffiti Tour (Since 2015)
- Fully Guided Tour (To/From Poblado)
- 2 Local Guides
- Small Tour Size
- Metro/Bus Transportation Included
- Try The Famous Mango Popsicle
- Tour Supports Community Projects
(#1 Social Tour In Medellin)
- Visit Casa Kolacho (Exclusive)
- Go Behind The Scenes (Exclusive)
- Try Your Hand At Graffiti (Exclusive)
- No Tipping Required
A Barrio Transformed
You can walk around Comuna 13 and see the graffiti by yourself, however you’ll miss the real story of the artwork, one that doesn’t recall years of violence but instead tells a colorful story of hope, peace and a properous future.
The Graffitour is conducted in Spanish by the members of Casa Kolacho. A bilingual tour guide will provide historical and cultural context, as well as English translation. Your visit helps support the community programs of Casa Kolacho.
Although you can go to Comuna 13 without a guide, I would thoroughly recommend taking this tour. You will see a lot more of the neighbourhood than you would on your own and get a real understanding of the area and it’s history from your local guide. It is a privilege to find out first hand about the amazing work that they are doing to support young people in the area and to see some of it in action. Highly recommended.
kates_Bath – TripAdvisor
It’s the constant battle when you travel – how do you add more depth to a particular experience? The secret lies in the stories. The Graffiti Tour is a fantastic story tour that adds depth and meaning to the hundreds of graffiti artworks you will see.
Broccolilady – TripAdvisor
Medellin Graffiti Tour Details
- Tour by local community leaders (most of whom are graffiti or hip hop artists)
- View examples of Comuna 13 graffiti
- See Medellin’s outdoor electric escalators
- Understand the history of social transformation
- Support local community center Casa Kolacho
- Departure point: Toucan Cafe
- Transportation time: Approx. 45 minutes each way
- Walk details: Really easy hike through the comuna
- Group Tours operate with a minimum of 6 people
- Bring sunscreen, comfortable walking shoes, your passport (or a copy), a waterproof jacket or umbrella
- Bilingual guide
What’s Not Included?
- Personal expenses
- Money to buy souvenirs or street food
- Activities not mentioned in the description